Boy Scout Advancement Tip
How to upload from Troopmaster (Packmaster is similar)
1. Be sure all names are the same as on the council internet advancement records-to check this, go to internet advancement and print a roster. You can do this by either clicking "Review Unit Roster"-it will look like a charter and come up in PDF-or clicking "member summary". You will need to be sure that the names that appear on the internet advancement are exactly the same in Troop master. All of the scout's membership numbers are on this report, and you can add them to troopmaster.
2. You will also need to be sure that you have filled in all the General troop information on Troop master. This can be done by clicking on "unit" and then "general information" in the Troop master program.
3. In order to have a file that Internet Advancement will accept, you need to save a file that you can easily find later. The file can be created by following these steps after you have entered your advancement on Troopmaster.
a. Go to "Reports" and choose "Awards/Advancement" and then choose "Court of Honor"
b. Fill in all the dates needed and under "Advancement Report" be sure to choose "ScoutNET report". Hit OK and you will see an Advancement report appear. Go to disk icon at top and click. Choose "scoutNET" option (has .cvs as an extension) and it will ask you where to save it. I usually save to my desktop so I can find it easily. Click on picture of file folder at end of space to browse your computer to decide where to put it. After it is saved, you can close Troopmaster.
4. Log on to internet advancement and choose "upload Advancement file". It will then ask you were the document is and you need to specify where it can be found. Choose browse button to find the file. It will have .cvs as an extension. Highlight it and hit open-it should appear in the box. Choose upload file.
5. After the information is uploaded, you will be taken to the current roster page ("select member for advancement"). On the current roster page, go to bottom and click next. You can review your report from here. If report is okay, hit next and you should be taken to submit page. You will get a warning to be sure that you really want to submit the report-hit ok. There is a comments page if you want to leave any. Otherwise hit save. You will be taken to a Congratulations page and told to print your report. Be sure you print two copies, one for troop/pack records and one for council records. Don't close the print window or logout of internet advancement until you have your two copies of the report.